Bringing Up Bates "Working Up An Appetite"
- On a previous episode, the Bates men poured concrete for their basketball court, but they haven’t yet put up the basketball goal. Lawson hollers out instructions as everyone attempts to put the goal together.The project takes them two days to complete.
- “The good thing is about Lawson’s leadership,” Zach states. “He never really messes that much up because even though he’s telling everybody all the wrong things to do, nobody pays him any attention.”
- On another day, Gil and Kelly take Carlin and Josie to have their wisdom teeth extracted. Carlin’s reaction to the anesthesia is very entertaining. “[Carlin] was like Miss Invincible,” says Gil.
- “My head was so mis-combobulated up there,” says Carlin. “I couldn’t think straight.” Carlin is very much “out of it” and won’t stop talking, so Gil firmly tells her to settle down. She breaks down crying.
- Josie, on the other hand, is very tired and in a lot of pain. “Josie, if you said anything to her, she would just bust out crying, and Carlin, if you didn’t want to have a party with her, she would bust out crying,” says Katie. “But they both did amazing.”
- At the end of the episode, Kelly, Lawson, Trace, Tori, and Carlin head over to Cracker Barrel to pick up dinner for the entire family. The Paines and little Bates family also come over. “Enjoy this roast while you can because mine don’t taste this good,” Kelly jokingly tells the family.
- Gil and Kelly are headed to Australia and have plans to divide up the little kids among the older married ones while they are gone.
- “I think it’s really a special time any time the family gets together and just sits at the table and has dinner together,” says Erin.