"As a mom, I really thought that we had done a thorough job teaching our kids the dangers of fire. This whole [incident] with our fire showed us that they really did not get that."
Following a fire that broke out in their laundry room when Judson (6) and Jeb (4) got a hold of a lighter, the Bates are forced to spend a couple weeks in a local hotel while their house is cleaned and the damage repaired (see photos below). Gil and Kelly Bates say they plan to revisit the topic of fire safety with their little ones. Have you ever had a fire in your home or business?
Take a look at the clip below. More videos and photos coming as we approach this week's new episode of Bringing Up Bates (airs Thursday at 9pm ET/8pm CT).
These snapshots show the damage done to the Bates' laundry room:
Photos/video courtesy of UP