Tonight on Bringing Up Bates, "Blessings...And New Beginnings?"
- Ashley and Anastasia, two friends whom Lawson and Nathan met at a conference, come for a visit.
- The boys recently visited Ashley and Anastasia in their "hometown" of New York City, and now they want to show the girls what life is like in the hills of Tennessee. “…We decided to give them a taste of what the real world is like,” says Nathan.
- The first item on the agenda? Horseback riding. “The most fun part was watching them try to make the horses go in a straight line,” says Lawson. “They did better than I thought,” says Nathan.
- Later, Gil and Kelly take Lawson, Nathan, Anastasia, Ashley, and a few of the other Bates to McCloud Mountain Restaurant, which has a beautiful view.
- The visit goes very well. “Who knows? They just might want to come back again someday,” says Lawson, smiling.
- Kelsey, Erin’s close friend from college, throws Erin a baby shower. The Bates usually invite both guys and gals to their baby showers, but Erin has decided she wants to have one with just ladies.
- As friends and family members gather for the shower, Kelly is stressed out because her other daughters are 30 minutes late, due to a miscommunication over whether Carlin or Tori is supposed to drive.
- At the end of the shower, Kelsey reveals a special surprise she has planned for Erin. She instructs everyone to grab a balloon and release it outside in memory of the babies Erin miscarried before she became pregnant with Carson.
- “It was very, very touching,” says Kelly. “It was a very loving gesture, a thoughtful gesture that I would not have thought of doing.”