We decided to bake a batch of ginger snaps, using a recipe from Erin (Bates) Paine's mother-in-law. They were delicious!
Nana Paine's Ginger Snaps
2-1/4 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, oil, molasses, and egg (beaten).
- Form balls of dough, and place on cookie sheet. Press balls of dough down with fork.
- Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. (We recommend 7.)
- Optional: Combine 6-8 oz cream cheese with 8 oz canned pumpkin pie mix, and serve with cookies
Photo: Lily and Ellie/Bates Family Blog